excessive bleeding..advice?

A place to share your life-changing experiences!

Moderators: Movlin, LadyB, Lady Alinor, Tamara

excessive bleeding..advice?

Postby juliett » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:33 pm

Am posting this for a friend, she'll be on the site herself this week hopefully, but I told her I'd do what I could to get the information rolling in as quickly as possible:
she wrote me:
"I decided to get an ultrasound to know what was going on with the abnormal bleeding. It appears to be cystic hyperasia of the endometrium, which means that due to an overproduction of estrogen and not enough progesteren, the uteral lining (endometrium) gets thicker, which causes profuse bleeding. This can happen during perimenopause. Yesterday I saw the Chinese doctor and she thinks it's from the prednisone I've been taking, which is what I've been suspecting. She thinks she can stop the bleeding with about 5 treatments. What I'm wondering is, how I can shed the excess lining of the uterus without a D&C, which is the general way of treating this problem. Could you check your Susan Weed book? I also just started taking iron."
Ok people, what do you say?!
thanks,
j.
juliett

Postby MaDonaVerde » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:03 pm

not sure about excessive bleeding in *particular*, but I have had BTDT with prednisone messing up hormonal stuff BIG time. One of the things that it whacks out (among a LONG list of things) is liver function, and the liver is what clears excess hormones from the system.

what is she on the prednisone for and can she get off of it?????????

one of the things that comes to mind - while not related to the bleeding, per se, is that St. J's helps clear excess estrogen from the system and is liver supportive in general (also helps with some of the nerve tenderness and mood issues that prednisone causes as well).
"Don't worry so much about 'Not Supposed To'. Hm? Live a little." - Armande Voizin in "Chocolat"
MaDonaVerde

Postby juliett » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:17 pm

hello, my friend is in europe, lives there, and I'm trying to help her out. I don't have answers for you, hopefully she'll be on the site any day. anyother comments out there that might help her? thank you everyone!
juliett

Postby HugsnKisses » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Did you mean hyperplasia?
Deanna aka HugsnKisses
"Trust your natural instincts"
HugsnKisses

Postby HugsnKisses » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:26 pm

http://www.soulcysters.net/natural-plan ... os-129222/

This site has a lot of information about it and what else can come of it. Also if you scroll down they explain a bit about herbs that may be useful. However I am wondering if you bring balance back if the excess would not be assimilated back into the body? I found the info on Vitex a bit surprising but in a good way : ) Sorry I don't have any personal dealings with this to offer. Best of luck.
Deanna aka HugsnKisses
"Trust your natural instincts"
HugsnKisses

Re: excessive bleeding..advice?

Postby sky&liz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:38 pm

hi coming to this post a bit late on- i recently had some abnormal cells show up on a smear, then i had what appeared to be a one off bleed, like i used to have, im 58 and hadn't had a bleed for over 6 or 7 years, they checked further and found quite a thick lining also cant remember figure 15 maybe,they checked with scope and ultra found my cervix just fine, they wanted to test further to see what mad abnormal cells show up, im still to do this-but dont want to go under, to get it done perhaps an ep, any way-over here they put those 3 symptoms together and get cancer. and want to do a total hyst. now they say to prevent cancer, now is it not possible to have a late on off bleed & to have thick lining and a few abnormal cells and not be precancer? i dont want to go under the knife or loose any bit of me, esp. if i dont have cancer currently--- or is this too foolish and risky any wise words would be appreciated, im on the NHS in wales so its not about finances as it's all free here. thanks sky :-k
sky&liz

Postby Tamara » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:11 am

Hello, it seems that when you face decisions like surgery, it's best to do lots of gathering of information and ask lots of questions before deciding. I can tell you that I have heavy bleeding. I'm 50. I have skipped a couple months at a time...then have a heavy period. I don't take any hormones. Some women take wild yam. I do use vitex berry tincture.... I find that after a few days of very heavy bleeding that sheppards purse tincture helps me with slowing down or stopping the bleeding. Also, I watch my intake of blood thinning herbs like alfalfa, motherswort, ect. I use yellow dock root tincture for iron too. Just get to know these wonderful herbs and I would recommend Susun's book on Menopause too. It has been a big help to me. Flooding is common in women going through menopause. Some healthy women report heavy bleeding for as long as two weeks. Also check into what foods to eat with extra iron. .like dandelion leaves. Lady's Mantle is another good herb to get to know.
*~~Tamara~~*
Tamara

Postby welldresser » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:23 pm

I went through stages of bleeding irregularly and for several weeks at a time sometimes, and it can be a worrying time. I went through various tests, ultra sound which only showed small fibroids, and a tilted womb, after the doctors found "nothing seriously wrong", they said it must be "stress"!
Strangely, having that acknowledged by an "ordinary doctor" somehow allowed me to be absolutely open about all the stress i was going through, especially to my partner and grown up and young children.
With help and advice from friends i started a process of saying "no" to demands made upon me, esp from family, which was an extremely difficult process for me to do, and listening to my body's needs.
It is almost finding the staring point on every level from which and where to start with dealing with the erraticness and uncontroleable loss of one's life force ie. our blood,
and finding a point where you start to feel "comfortable" with the unpredictability of these changes. Going with the "flow", and trying not to worry about it.
I remember taking wild rasberry leaves to help with exessive bleeding, also ladies mantle, which balances it all, and everthing i could eat and drink that replaced the iron levels.
It is strange now, that that episode seems to be passing, very hard time, but i leaned so much in so many ways. Hope any of that may help.
welldresser

Return to Menopause Metamorphosis