Red Clover and Ovulation

Discuss all aspects of the fertile years, birth control, moontime, fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, homebirth, midwifery, breastfeeding, mothering and more.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jasma
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Red Clover and Ovulation

Postby Jasma » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:14 am

Hi,
I recently started taking red clover infusions every 3rd day, alternating with nettle and oatstraw which I've been taking regularly for several months. On the very first cycle I took it I noticed ovulation was delayed by several days and my luteal phase was only 6 days. I had a few nights with very little sleep and was quite sick that month so I let it go. Now this cycle is also delayed and I'm wondering about the red clover. Is that possible? I'm currently nursing but my luteal phase had been at 12 days for 3 or 4 cycles prior to introducing the red clover. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Jasma

Jasma

Re: Red Clover and Ovulation

Postby Jasma » Thu May 14, 2015 3:27 pm

Just an update on this. I've always had clockwork cycles. I took red clover for 1.5 cycles. I had my first ever anovulatory cycle that I'm aware of. I've been charting for 5 years. This has been followed by 2 more in the space of a mere 5 weeks! I've had a 17 and a 16 day cycle. I'm very healthy. I can only assume this is the red clover. I've been reading online about it causing permanent infertility in goats. I'm distraught so if you can offer any advice I'd appreciate it!
Thank you.

Movlin

Re: Red Clover and Ovulation

Postby Movlin » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:14 am

Don't be afraid! Red Clover is a great ally for women. Of course every woman is different and has different needs. It could be that you do not need what she has to offer. Myself, I got pregnant twice in one year in my mid forties (after already starting down the road of cronehood) by just drinking red clover a few days each time. And I use her periodically to straighten out my hormone irregularities (mood swings, hot flashes, etc)

Just remember - we are not goats :D

Return to “The Childbearing Year(s)”