Wart removal

Discuss all aspects of the fertile years, birth control, moontime, fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, homebirth, midwifery, breastfeeding, mothering and more.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Melissa Doordaughter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wart removal

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:58 am

My 3 year old has a wart on her leg. We've already got an appointment to see the hospital about removing it (it's quite red and seems to be growing) when I read a few days ago that warts can be treated with the juice from unripe figs. We have loads of green figs around at the moment, so have started treating it, but the appointment at the hospital is for Monday. Has anyone got any experience with how long this treatment could take to work? That way I can try and judge if an invasive hospital op is avoidable, within a reasonable time frame???? thanks.

Melissa Doordaughter

Re: Wart removal

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:43 am

After Day 4 the wart is looking a lot redder and a little fragile. Unfortunatly the skin around the wart is also very irritated. I've stopped the treatment now so hopefully when we go to the hospital tomorrow she won't be too sensitive, and they'll be able to evaluate her situation properly. According to the prescription it's a SUSUPECTED CONTAGIOUS MOLLUSCO... well I thought a mollousc was a shell fish but there we are... any way I would like to point out that this info came from Natures Children by Juliette Levy Bairacli.... And that her books are really nice BUT they do lack details a bit..... Having now experimented with the fig remedy, I can see that it's necessary to pack some kind of gauze or something around the wart so the skin around it doesn't get damaged.... Maybe I could have figured that out earlier if I'd stopped to think... but being a little GUNG HO I just went for it and started dabbing the juice on, happy that we might have found an alternative to the hospital treatment. Let's see tomorrow how it goes, if they just have a look and tell me the options, I'll try to continue with the fig thing (this time with a sort of donut around the wart though...)

NateFlory

Postby NateFlory » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:08 am

I had a tiny wort on my thumb for just over a year, until I discovered after a move that I had a crop of "Greater Celandine" (Chelidonium majus) growing in the 'weed patch' out back. Daily application of the sap on my way to work, and re-application as I returned home, cleared teh pesky thing up in about 2 weeks. Now I don't even know where -exactly- it was.

This is probably a bit too slow to clear up for your procedure, but worked great for me. Doing a bit of research, any sap with lots of latex might work. (Im the course of my recent research, such as Dandelion sap). Also sulpher-rich fresh garlic, placed on the wort under a bandage/gause to hold itthere, will slowly remove it too. Howeve,r I have no first-hand experience with that myself. But reading seems to imply those methods also take "a few weeks".

Best of luck and keep us posted! :)
/|\

Melissa Doordaughter

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:12 pm

We went to the dermatology clinic at hospital today..... Now the wart is almost unrecognizable (nearly at the same level of the skin rather than protruding as before) and going sort of black. the doctor said it didn't look like a wart to him, and couldn't give any treatment except recommend an antibiotic for the irritation around the actual wart. Well I'm happy, now we have time to continue with the fig treatment, now I have bought some kind of corn plaster (those with the hole in the middle) to help direct the sap to the wart...

Thanks for your input Nate, I was just reading now that it's the latex that helps remove the warts.... Interesting that this comparative study shows the main difference between figs or freezing the warts is the lack of adverse effects from the figs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17472688

Melissa Doordaughter

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:07 am

Hello again,

So the wart watch: I stopped treating about 2 weeks ago when it became painful for my daughter... Now there remains two small red dots, I'm waiting to see what happens....

Melissa Doordaughter

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:36 am

Well the spots are taking a very long time to heal, but her skin is definatly getting better.... I'll let you know how long it takes for the skin to become completely clear....

Melissa Doordaughter

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:58 am

:cry: Well, the previous site is now wart free, but there are 2 new ones, one behind the knee, another on the small of her back. Anyway I can avoid infection while treating them, or is this a case for freezing them off?

marvinuncleherbs

Postby marvinuncleherbs » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:19 pm

If your child has a wart, treatment probably isn't needed. That's because warts often go away on their own. But if the wart is on your child's face or genitals or is painful or spreading, your child should see a doctor for treatment. Otherwise, it is usually safe to treat a wart at home with duct tape or salicylic acid. If the wart doesn't start to improve within 2 weeks, see your doctor.

Return to “The Childbearing Year(s)”