chin whiskers

Let's talk about Wise Woman body care and physical wellness. Share natural health and fitness tips, articles, and advice on how to love and care for your beautiful body from head to toe...

Moderators: Movlin, Allie, LadyB, Lady Alinor, Community Herbalist, teatime, gmalloy

chin whiskers

Postby Meggie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:08 pm

Just wondering how any of you take care of this problem??? :(
Meggie

Postby javamilk » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:48 pm

Tweezers.

I get them every now and again, and they irritate the heck out of me!
It's not having what you want...It's wanting what you have.
javamilk

Postby Mariposa » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:51 pm

Argh I hear you. Some ladies will tell you to just let it grow...hey it's natural! I personally pluck them, since they are as thick and dark as my eyebrows :roll:

I've seen a few women with almost full chin beards...it's not for me, but they are rocking out with it, so that's cool.
Mariposa

Postby tribal-jiva » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:16 pm

Aaaagh the bane of my existance (well, not quite). I can remember as a little girl watching my Nanna pluck her chin hairs and thinking to myself i hope that i don't have to do that when i get old. Hah! When i was 17 I was put on the Pill for bad period pain, well, suffice it to say that even though i stopped after 6 months it was enough to make me grow chin hairs. :evil: (among other things) which 12 years later, I STILL can't get rid of and have to resort to tweezers. Mine get worse just before my period. I thought that being pregnant would settle them down for a bit. Not so!
Oh well. Just letting you know that i share your pain :(

Many blessings
Shelly
The sublime liquid of Life treacled over the rocks of Experience and all were sore amazed. 'Let's dance' they said, and so the Dance began.
tribal-jiva

Postby herbalmom » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:03 am

I pluck mine, too. Some are dark and really show, while others are snow white, and if I can feel them or see them, out come the tweezers!
I hate the fact that I have them and they started popping up about 2 years or so ago. I just figured it came with age, as I've noticed other changes in my body after turning 40.
herbalmom

Postby Meggie » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:33 am

tribal-jiva wrote:Aaaagh the bane of my existance (well, not quite). I can remember as a little girl watching my Nanna pluck her chin hairs and thinking to myself i hope that i don't have to do that when i get old. Hah!

I used to pluck my grandmother's for her when she could no longer see, and I can remember thinking "who would do that for me when I got old and couldn't see them anymore". My eyes are not what they used to be (at age 63) but I can still see them (my grammie was in her 90's).
Meggie

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:46 am

~lol~ great subject! :lol:

I pluck, I shave, and I play with them...~lol~...

I have read that the more chin hairs (and hairs around nipples) we have, the more testosterone (sp?) we have, which can protect us from Breast Cancer...don't know if this is fact or just "An Old Wives Tale"...~lol~...
*~As the rain on a mountain peak runs off the slopes on all sides, so those who see only the seeming multiplicity of life run after things on every side~* (The Upanishads)
Lady Alinor

Postby Persephone » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:29 pm

I have a patch of chin hairs too. I think it's from hormonal imbalances related to PCOS for me. I pluck, never shave them. It is from more testosterone, but I didn't know that would protect me from future breast cancers. It also means you most likely have more of a sex drive! :badgrin:
Persephone

Postby amberdakota » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:37 am

Chin hairs..or for me, chin goatee... :( I stupidly started shaving them in college, and now I have all the bristly hair on my chin that a man has...I have continued to shave them, but have considered laser just because they are so noticable (talk about five o'clock shadow!) and rough at the end of the day, and in the morning...I have hair on my upper lip too, but was smart enough to not start shaving that...and I leave that alone, at this point. The upper lip hair is not that noticeable... :roll:
one world, one love
amberdakota

Postby whitefeather treewicca » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:39 pm

Great subject.
Im trying to decide whether to embrace them and be proud, or succumb to societal pressure and start plucking. Just having started to sprout a few.
And what about those cheek sprouts? Anyone else get those? Hairy lumps near the upper jaw near your ears?- i kinda see those as my witchy bagdes, i look out for them on others,. but every now and then feel overwhelmed by the length of those curlies and pluck a few out!
So strange the whole hair/no hair idea. I wish it was more common to see proud hairy woman faces!
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held her ground
whitefeather treewicca

Postby zoebird » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:57 pm

mine are fine and blonde and most people don't notice them.

in fact, i don't notice them by looking. when i touch my face, i'll feel that some of the hairs are slightly longer, and then i pull them out for fun.

i've only noticed and pulled them out once though.
zoebird

Postby lotus40 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:56 am

mine get freaky curly - my husband first noticed them - he came right up to me and plucked it - OWWW - I was like hey! He calls them my billy-goat hairs - boy isn't he a romantic.
:shock:
Lotus
lotus40

Postby esme » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:56 pm

I call them my witchy hairs.

At 37, though, still feeling to young to fully embrace that juuuuuuuuuust yet. Feels just a bit too crone-y for where I'm at.

So pluck'em I does.

:D esme
:-) e
esme

Postby nicolemm » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:04 pm

I have used hot wax, but that seems to work better for the mustache.

I'm half Armenian so I've always had a few chin hairs and chest hairs. Certainly no fertilty probs, got pregnant the minute I wanted to, so it's my ethnic heritage, not PCOS. Now that I'm perimenopausal, the chin hairs are getting more agressive and I really need to tweeze them almost daily.
nicolemm

Postby spidergrrl » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:31 am

I have 4 moles on my face and jawline that get hairs. most have been dark but lately one has been coming in white! I pluck. I'm weird because I don't remove hair elsewhere (I have very hairy legs and pits) but I draw the line at facial hair. I also pluck my eyebrows but only over the bridge of my nose. My facial hair is straight and sticks out in a bristly sort of way. I have noticed that it grows much faster/more aggressively in my 30's than it did growing up.

On another note: there was this co-worker I had once who took great pride in her appearance. This elaborate hairstyle that involved braiding her hair and sweeping it up into this complicated bun sort of thing that she wrapped with a silky scarf that matched her clothes. She said it took her 45 minutes and she re-did it from scratch every day and she wore full makeup with dark smoky cleopatra eye makeup and lip liner and lipstick painted on with a lip brush and she had these 3 really long curly hairs that came out from under her chin. I mean really long. Like probably 2-3 inches if you pulled the hair straight. I always thought it was weird how she spent ages on her face and hair and never did anything about them. Once we were in the staffroom all chatting about hair removal and who did what and someone said they bleached their mustache and some said laser hair removal for facial hair because they could probably grow a beard and she sniffed and said "I am so glad I don't have any facial hair problems"

I don't know if she didn't see the hairs as a problem or if she didn't see the hairs (although I can't see how)
LEVAVI OCULOS
lift up your eyes
spidergrrl

Next

Return to Natural Body Care