something is up with my gut

If you have a specific health question you want asked, here is the place to do it! Write the nature of your question in the subject line, so everyone will know what the topic is, and then anyone who has knowledge in that area can respond to the question!

Moderators: Movlin, Allie, Lady Alinor, Phoebetales, Community Herbalist, Kaitebug, gmalloy

something is up with my gut

Postby Sandwalker » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:56 pm

Hello,
I am having an odd problem, I'd appreciate it if anyone here could give me some pointers.

I have recently been having stomach troubles, loose stools, less amount and more often than usual, and a little crampiness. I'm no stranger to tummy troubles, but the cramping is unusual for me.
The thing that's bothering me most tho, is that my vagina also smells bad with this. It smells like 'stomach', I dunno like bad (very bad) breath or stomach acidy or something. I've had yeast infections, I've smelled like bread down there before and itched. And I've had plenty of tummy troubles, but I've never had my puss smell like stomachy stuff before. It's really freaking me out- I have no idea what it could be- it's like i'm backing up with some kind of toxin (even tho I've been more 'backed up' stomach-wise before), or maybe a leaky gut due to candida?
I have been eating entirely too much sugar for quite a while now, and have stopped it in the past four days (which this odd thing has flared up right after I quit the sugar). I have been taking a lot of raw apple cider vinegar (both internally and vaginally), I realize I've only been doing this two days, but it doesn't seem to be helping this time, and now with the funny smell my puss has been having a very thin fliud in it, itching slightly.. It is starting to look *a little* like an infection, but it still doesn't smell like an infection, it smells like a bad tummy, and it *only* does this when my tummy is also bad.
I had this last month for short, also coinciding with the same type of bad tummy, but both went away when (of all things) I ate some magic mushrooms. I guess they kinda caused my to flush my system to get them out. That nite wasn't terribly pleasant, and obviously wasn't a permanent fix. And it's not really a fix that I would do again. Unless I wanted to trip, which I wouldn't want to do again unless I was feeling very well.
Both times this problem has appeared in the last few days of my fertile cycle, right around ovulation. this time there seems to be a slight discharge or thinning of the existing fluids, so I can't tell about my cycle fluids.

My b/f thinks the smell could be caused by using lube and spermicidal condoms- I know that such condoms weaken my puss, and I know that sometimes the lube hurts when too much is used.. but that doesn't explain the tummy. (A couple weeks ago my chiropractor said I wasn't producing enough stomach acid, and in the last couple of days my gall bladder seems to have quit working so well.) Perhaps I've gotten a little too rambunctious with the b/f, perhaps it is the sugar, perhaps stress.. I dunno.. all I know is it is very freaky...

Any input on this will be appreciated.. thanks in advance..

Soo confused :cry:
Life is Practice.
Sandwalker

Postby karen joy » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:13 am

Hello Sandwalker, I hear your concern. Since there seems to be a few things going on and a few ideas about them, perhaps a more ordered approach would help? Using Susun's Seven Medicines we can start with Serenity Medicine. This is a phase of doing nothing, trusting your own innate wisdom to heal...........

AHHHH!!!! my battery is about to go dead! Up to early, not enough sun... will write more later today once it charges back up :)
...You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves...

from "Wild Geese" by Mary Oliver
karen joy

Postby Sandwalker » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:17 pm

Well, It's been a little while since I've been on a computer.. I've gotten better, for a while anyway. I'll have to wait another month to see if it's cyclical- once again it quit right as my ovulation was ending.
Altho the previous time it kinna was on it's way out on it's own, this time it wasn't leaving, nothing seemed to help- I'd quit taking most everything- including vinegar- wasn't eating much, and went to a potluck wild foods dinner, where someone had brought some organic buffalo liver. Which was about all I ate while there, and I took several big pieces home with me and ate them for lunch for about four days. Within minutes of eating the first one my mood was vastly improved, and my body also got much happier over those days.
This isn't the first time the liver of a ruminid made me better as if by magic.. I don't really get enough meat as I only eat range raised and such, and don't dare eat any supermarket-meat, and lately I'd been craving red meat, beef. Guess I should set about finding a regular source for liver, eh?

My own liver/gall bladder still seems touchy, but I'm not near as bad off as I was, and my yoni seems much happier..
Still.. liver.. Sometimes it is the only thing that will do, it seems..
Life is Practice.
Sandwalker

Postby karen joy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:20 am

Sandwalker, thank you for bringing this back up and for the update!! So sorry I didn't get back to this thread once I had my battery - I forgot :oops:

So you have a couple weeks before this may cycle again. Loose stools I think many of us get a bit near the start of our bleeding, as well as a change in smell and consistency of our vaginal fluids, though not wuite as you describe. I don't know what to suggest now since for the moment it seems to have subsided. What is your sense? Do you have a thought, crazy sounding or not, of what is going on OR what you most need? Sounds like you do with eating the liver. I loudly support you infollowing this craving when it arises, and yes search out an easily accessible source.

Please continue to keep us updated, that is if you want :)
...You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves...

from "Wild Geese" by Mary Oliver
karen joy

Return to Health & Wellness Questions Answered Here!