Shepherds Purse

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches...share harvesting tips, remedies, and personal experiences. Green Blessings to all!!! Drink Nourishing Herbal Infusion http://www.susunweed.com/How_to_make_Infusions.htm

Moderators: Allie, Lady Alinor, Tamara, Phoebetales, Joanne, Community Herbalist

Shepherds Purse

Postby Moon » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:18 pm

Greeting to all sisters I was wondering if anyone knows the proper way to harvest shepherds purse. I have alot of growing wild around and in the garden and would like to have some of it for winter. Also any uses for it besides to prevent bleeding. love and light Moon
Moon

Postby Anonymous » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:19 am

Hi Moon. Here in Scotland, shepherds purse grows everywhere too. The whole plant should be harvested and used, but the strength and potency quickly diminish if the herb is dried - so either use fresh, or make up a tincture for the winter time. I have a recipie for a cystitis treatment using shepherd's purse.
Boil together 75 grams each of shepherd's purse, comfrey and thyme in 600mls water, then simmer for 10 minutes. Drink during the day for up to 5 days.
(DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT)
Love Jake
Anonymous

Postby Moon » Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:22 pm

I love its skin healing effects especially in stopping bleeding almost instantly. Does the tinture do the same thing as the plant in its natural form I have thought about re-planting it and keeping it in the house.. Scotland what a great and green place.. Have a sister there too from another forum she is outside of the capital. Thanks so much Jake. [:X]love and light Moon
Moon

Postby opal » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:05 am

hilo...shepherds purse.....shamans pouch...mmmmm...as a flower essence it's said she repairs psychic bleeding and tears to the aura, have a wee look in the Wisewoman classroom part of the forum! I also make a vinegar with just the heart shaped fruits which I can then use as a grounding force, (on brown rice, in earthy salads or marinades)..when fresh 'pouches' aint around![:D]
opal
opal

Return to Herbal Medicine Chest