kids and cavities

If you have a specific health question you want asked, here is the place to do it! Write the nature of your question in the subject line, so everyone will know what the topic is, and then anyone who has knowledge in that area can respond to the question!

Moderators: Movlin, Allie, Lady Alinor, Phoebetales, Community Herbalist, Kaitebug, gmalloy

kids and cavities

Postby sgranniss » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:41 pm

I am looking for help with herbs to make as teas or infussions to help strengthen kids teeth. My younger son has already had so many cavities so I feel he would benefit from herbs that are high in calcium or help absorb calcium. I am so new to this but will try anything. Of course I would like to make something he will actually drink so I may need some extras in the tea or infussion so it is yummy. He is a huge water drinker, so if it is yummy, I was hoping I could make varying teas and add honey or something sweet and he could drink it all day.
Thanks!
sgranniss

Re: kids and cavities

Postby Narayani » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:42 am

I make an iced tea that is actually based on an herbal mix I use for pregnant women. :lol: Kids and adults alike really like it. The main ingredient is Red Rassberry Leaves which are high in calcium and good for little ones tummy's too! Here's the recipe:
two handfulls RRL (or more to your liking)
1 TBSP rose petals
1- 2 TBSP hybiscus flowers (measures vary here depending on whether the dried flowers are whole or not)
1 bottle/can pure apple juice concentrate
water

Infuse the herbs in 1 litre boiling water for 4 hours. Strain into a 2 litre jug, squeezing all the liquid from the herbs.
Add 1/2 bottle apple juice concentrate. Mix well.
Add 1 litre cold water. Mix and refrigerate.

This comes out a lovely red colour (which is pleasing to kids) and the apple juice adds just enough sweetener to hide the sourness of the hybiscus. You can play around with quantities. If your son has cavaties, I would just be careful about the amount of apple juice you use.
Pranams
Narayani
Narayani

http://www.sailblogs.com/member/yofy/

Postby Movlin » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:24 pm

teeth are something that i have researched alot - i have horrible teeth (annual dentist bills used to be around $3500 - $5000). i researched the history of teeth for an anthropology class last spring. i suggest you pick up a couple of books - one is the standard weston price book on nutrition, the other is "cure tooth decay" by ramiel nagel. they have a ton of research and food choices and everything you need to know about teeth. some surprising truths in these books that have been kept from "modern" society...makes me very angry to think about....
Movlin

Postby bluebirdmama » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:23 am

Cell salts have done wonders for my daughter. She had 3 small but deep cavities and they healed within a month of her taking cell salts.
bluebirdmama

Postby Viesia » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Where can I get the salts? thanks
Viesia

Postby bluebirdmama » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am

Lots of cell salts carry them. I get them at vitacost.com since they are really cheap there.
bluebirdmama

Postby sapphire kate » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Like movlin I found Weston Price's work and Ramiel Nagel very helpful. Also check out the big thread on dental health, there's lots of resources in there.

I'd suggest avoiding fruit juice (of any kind) as a daily food. This is because of the sugars present, and also because it teaches kids to crave sweet and that intense sweet is a staple rather than an occasional food.
It's all good (except for the crappy bits).
sapphire kate

Postby kindredessences » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:38 am

Hello Bluebird Mama,

I was wondering which cell salts you used to remineralized your daughter's teeth?

September blessings

KE
kindredessences

Postby bluebirdmama » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:21 pm

Calc phos, calc fluor, and bioplasma.
bluebirdmama

Postby kindredessences » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:59 am

Thank you !

How many months until you noticed a difference?

Oh, also, did you use four tabs four times a day of each?

Much gratitude to you BBmama!

KE
kindredessences

Postby bluebirdmama » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:31 pm

The cavities healed over in just one month. Pretty amazingly fast! I will add that she also brushed with pascalite clay and also sometimes put it around the teeth. For dosage, I only gave it to her once per day and still saw fast results. If someone had terrible decay, I would do it up to 6 times per day. For her maintenance dose, she takes it once per day and 3 tabs each. My 2 yr old son who is tiny, takes 2 tabs for a dose.
bluebirdmama

Postby kindredessences » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Thanks BBmama,

I will start on the remedies tomorrow. I have a dentist appointment in about one month. It will be interesting to see what they have to say about my "watches".

Have a lovely week,

KE
kindredessences

Postby willamama123 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Hello,

I know this post is a little dated, but, wondering if BBmama could be more specific about which salts and how much? I went to the vitacost website and was confused. My 6 year old daughter is scheduled to get a filling in two weeks and I'd like to try the salts first but need to know the exact product used.
Thanks! ;)
willamama123

Postby nutmeg » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:57 pm

Helpful book about remineralizing cavities and overall holistic dental health:

"Cure Tooth Decay" by Ramiel Nagel
nutmeg

Postby kelli » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Eating dandelion leaf as a salad herb helps to strengthentooth enamel also.. :)
kelli

Return to Health & Wellness Questions Answered Here!