Herbal Aphrodisiacs

Adoring the goddess in her many forms as well as crystals, spells, sacred tools, shamanism and sacred sex.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

Lady Alinor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Herbal Aphrodisiacs

Postby Lady Alinor » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:29 am

Herbal APHRODISIACS can be very confusing thanks to modern beliefs about sex, pharma and OTC supplements and cultural/religious conditioning .
Jim McDonald talks about aphrodisiacs, attitude, the importance of good nutrition and exercise in these notes from his lecture (he spoke at The Free Herbalism Project in Eugene, Oregon...very enjoyable evening)
https://static.squarespace.com/static/5 ... 208-14.pdf

Lady Alinor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Herbal Aphrodisiacs

Postby Lady Alinor » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Mt. Rose herbs has shared a recipe for a "LOVE Tea" :D (we sampled this tea at the Free Herbalism Project evening)

LOVE TEA

2 Tbls. Rink Rose petals
1 Tsp. Damiana leaf
1 Tbls. Orange peel
1 tsp. roasted Cacao nibs
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon chips
1/4 tsp. Vanilla Bean powder
1 pinch Stevia leaf

Combine all herbs. Place in tea bag or tea ball. Put into a tea pot or bowl. Pour 2-3 cups boiling water over the herbs and allow to steep 3-5 minutes.
Enough tea for 2

http://mountainroseblog.com/sunday-steep-23/

Melissa Doordaughter

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:41 pm

And how was it..._ :oops:

what-s your opinion on stevia? I tend to stay away from it, just on gut instinct....

Guess my favourite aphrodisiac is oatstraw....

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:19 pm

The tea is quite tasty! Dunno if it works as 'intended' though...we tried so many teas and tasted so many herbs it was a good thing I wasn't the driver cuz I was feeling a little 'altered' :lol: (Jim had attendees tasting, smelling and handling the herbs he talked on...)
Stevia? I prefer my tea unsweetened unless I'm feeling a little under the weather then I'll add an herbal honey to my tea.

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:41 pm

How about aphrodisiacs for those 10 years past menopause?

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:41 am

Jim touches on menopause and the 'lack' of desire (which could actually be related to a lack of lubrication) he also talks about the dynamics within the relationship...one of the couple is High Desire and the other Low Desire....Or/And...Diet....Pharma medications....
He says he looks at whether ones vitality is nourished/undernourished, circulation (decreased, depleted), relationship with partner and self, activity level and nourishment....obsticles (sometimes our expectations can be our biggest obstacle)

He gave a little recipe to stimulate and relax...like a really good kiss can stimulate and relax (relax muscle tension).
Damiana
Blackberry
Oatstraw
Vanilla

The aromatics allows one to be present in the moment :D

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Thanks!

Rosemint

Postby Rosemint » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:44 am

Has anyone tried / had good luck with either one of the teas mentioned? :)

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:20 am

No.... I need to try the Mt. Rose one and I am copying it as we speak. I too would probably leave out the stevia and add honey if I felt the need for sweetness.

My post-menopausal problem isn't so much lubrication (well, it was, but I have that figured out) as desire and reponse. So I'll be interested to see how that goes...

marvinuncleherbs

Postby marvinuncleherbs » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:16 pm

I love using herbal as it is safe, particularly the sabah snake grass tea.

Return to “Spirituality & Sacred Sex”