Acupuncture

If you have a specific health question you want asked, here is the place to do it! Write the nature of your question in the subject line, so everyone will know what the topic is, and then anyone who has knowledge in that area can respond to the question!

Moderators: Movlin, Allie, Lady Alinor, Phoebetales, Community Herbalist, Kaitebug, gmalloy

Acupuncture

Postby OrchidMoon » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:33 pm

I have had lower back pain for years and recently decided to try acupuncture and the results have been nothing short of miraculous. After just five treatments the pain is gone, and I'm amazed and fascinated with the results I've experienced and can't believe I dismissed it before. It's powerful stuff!!
OrchidMoon

Postby karen joy » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:55 am

Thank you for sharing Orchid Moon! It is always great to hear what works for people. I too had wonderful experiences with acupuncture helping heal what nothing else would touch... which is why I went on to study acupressure :D I am so happy for your relief!

kj
...You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves...

from "Wild Geese" by Mary Oliver
karen joy

Postby OrchidMoon » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:19 pm

Karen Joy:

I would love to read about your experiences with acupuncture so I hope you'll share!! Did you do an acupressure course or did you study it on your own?
OrchidMoon

Postby karen joy » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:34 pm

I used to have horrible menstrual cramps and PMS and took part in a study using acupuncture and acupressure to relieve it and had the longest relief I have ever had over that course of 13 or so years. Then i moved out of the area. When moving back i found a "doctor" who did a variety of things, acupuncture included, as well as cranial sacral therapy, and found him so helpful whenever i needed help, like after a car accident and with healing spina bifida (well not healing of course, but helping me to walk again without reccuring numbness - I was told to expect to be bed ridden throughout my adult life on and off, and with his help learned to manage it and even was able to carry a pregnancy to full term!!!).

After my participation in the study I had decided to study massage (this was about 13 years ago) and when researching schools chose The Acupressure Institute in Berkeley with Michael Reed Gach as my teacher. I studied Jin Shin Do style brought to the states and developed by his teacher Iona Maarsa Teaguarden. I do love it tremendously and wish to get back to it!! Unfortunately I found in practice I had to continue to offer standard swedish, as well as tui na and floor shiatsu to broaden my range of possible clients. Those who did sample the acupressure though got hooked :D

Thanks for asking 8)
...You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves...

from "Wild Geese" by Mary Oliver
karen joy

Postby goldenyogi » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:58 pm

Acupuncture Success Story: I was suffering from twice weekly mild migranes. Spotty vision followed by a dull long lasting headache. Not enough to keep me in bed all day or in the dark, but enough to disrupt my daily work productivity, and to force me to recognize some imbalances in my life. Saw an acupuncturist because I didn't want to be on drugs. She told me 6 - 8 weeks of sessions (one per week) and I'd be good for about 3 years, then I might need a "tune-up". Indeed, the migranes were gone immediately, only to resurface about 4 years later... and since I've suffered a few in the last 2 years. I've just started thinking about returning for further treatment to rebalance. Absolutely amazing work!!! I'm a huge fan!! thanks for sharing your experiences. this is so helpful.
goldenyogi

Return to Health & Wellness Questions Answered Here!