LadyB's dance with cancer

Here is a safe space to discuss cancer and cancer prevention. Share your concerns, hopes, fears, and experiences the Wise Woman Way. Share ways to maintain breast health and offer support to women diagnosed with breast cancer.

Moderators: Movlin, Lady Alinor

Re: LadyB's dance with cancer

Postby Cat of the Moonlit Wood » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm

Good stuff, Lady B.
Cat of the Moonlit Wood

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:17 am

God and Goddess bless you Lady B....

xxx
Time is priceless... work for free
Melissa Doordaughter

Postby MizB » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Dear LadyB,

I have been holding you in prayer all through this past month and want you to know you will be held in prayer especially as you enter hospital again and that your surgeon and nurses will be well rested and at their brightest and best as they do the work that needs to be done. May you be surrounded with Shalom (whose root meaning is wholeness)...Shalom of mind, body and spirit. May you feel healing grace pour through every cell of your body like warm, golden honey, restoring, renewing and recreating every bit of you. May you know yourself sustained and surrounded by all the love of so many woman all over the world who only know you through the wisdom you share on this forum. And may your recovery be swift and whole. You are a blessing. Be blessed.

Shalom,
MizB
When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it? Eleanor Roosevelt
MizB

Postby Cat of the Moonlit Wood » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Amen.
Cat of the Moonlit Wood

Postby LadyB » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:56 am

THANK YOU, MizB, that's just beautiful.
The amazing outpouring of love and care and support coming at me from every direction is just SO amazing. I just this evening received Belleruth Naparstek's CD set of "successful surgery".....imagery, affirmations and MUSIC. The music, which I WILL have coming to me through headphones SOUNDS like a huge and beautiful river just flowing, flowing, flowing......EXACTLY what I need to come THROUGH this. In the imagery she notes to 'see your band of ALLIES' over and over, and that's all of you. There was a point where I feared I couldn't survive this next surgery. NOW, I can't imagine it going any way but SPLENDIDLY.

THAT is pretty remarkable.

I check in day after tomorrow. Do the whole dreaded prep, but I can face it as fasting and releasing anything that will make their job more difficult. Everybody out, we have work to do. I feel very in touch with my body and completely believe that it will ALLOW all these repairs to be done well, and completely, and easily. They're going to be so pleased with their wonderful work (and we will be too)

And then, this unbelievably wise body of mine will get to work on HEALING. It's done some odd things this year, but they were all about looking out for me.

I NEVER thought I would feel so calm and READY.
Let's DO this.....
love and ARMLOADS of thanks to everyone reading and posting and praying and just BEING THERE.
LadyB
Lady Barbara, 62!,
http://www.ladybarbara.net
online herb classes!
LadyB

Postby crystal woman » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Blessings LadyB. You'll be in all our thoughts and prayers.

crystal woman

Postby LadyB » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:09 am

Well my dears, I'm here in the hospital, it's nearly 10:30 and I don't see me getting much sleep tonite. The fistula wound oozes and gushes endlessly and even if I doze off, I wake to my skin burning because the bandage is soaked. Not so much fun. Good thing I get to sleep ALL DAY tomorrow. But I wanted to go into this RESTED. Ah well.

Things have gone rather oddly today, I'm actually in a room on the cardiac wing because there's no room at the Inn up on the 7th (surgical floor) I'll go to surgery from here and then go to the 7th floor after the surgery tomorrow.

Poor Stella hasn't enjoyed the Magnesium citrate, nor has the Sewer Rat but it's important for everything to be THOROUGHLY cleaned out so these two men can do their work. It hasn't been TOTALLY hideous. I've already taken two rounds of abx (flagyl and neomycin) which made me a little nauseous at first, but I'm ok now (with an anti-nausea drug) I have to take one more round at midnight. I have an IV in the back of my right hand as the two tries on the outside of my left arm didn't work at all.

It's so odd right now to know how AWFUL I'm going to feel tomorrow, but at least the rat will be gone. Maybe the SPOT will biopsy benign and maybe all will go splendidly enough that they can get to Stella too.

Speaking of Stella, I finally did something I've been meaning to do for a long time. The Saga of Stella. I did it mostly for me, as it was vital for me to bring myself from a place of SUCH shame and horror to a place where I can Find the Funny in it all. Second reason I did it is because MOST of the folks I've been howling to have NO idea what I'm talking about with all this. Third reason is probably the most important, hoping that SOMEONE as freaked out about having a colostomy as I was will stumble upon it and laugh, for perhaps the first time since they received theirs. And of course the FOURTH reason is IN CASE I 'buy the farm' tomorrow, I didn't want to leave with all these great lines inside me.

http://ladybarbarasgarden.wordpress.com ... -penguins/

It might be TMI for some of you but oh well.

On a way more serious note, I want to offer a resource for ANYone dealing with serious illness and certainly surgery. Belleruth Naparstek has done a whole series of CD's of guided imagery/affirmations and I've used her one for Healing Trauma/PTSD. Well! The one for "Successful Surgery" is totally amazing. It's a 2 CD set. One disk is imagery and then affirmations and I've listened to that over and over since I got it. The Second disk is all music, but it's a huge and BEAUTIFUL expansion of the music used in the first disk, so without words, it re-activates all the suggestions...I WILL have it playing through headphones DURING the surgery tomorrow. It's SO gorgeous that I'm truly LOOKING FORWARD to listening to it. And I seriously believe it will put my body into SUCH a state of calm and healing that this really COULD go far, far better than anyone anticipated.

That's my hope.
Tomorrow I'll have my daughter post my tracking number and instructions so you can follow me through the system if you want to.

All will be well again........love to you all, armloads of thanks for ALL of your good wishes, it really and truly helps.
LadyB
Lady Barbara, 62!,
online herb classes!
LadyB

Postby anita » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:10 am

All the very, very best to you, LadyB! You are in my prayers.
laugh!
anita

Postby nutmeg » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:21 am

Thank you for sharing yourself and all the powerful resources, Lady B.

You're continually so generous on this forum and in the world at large.

Take care!
nutmeg

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:54 pm

LadyB is in the hospital for the surgery.
Let us all send her positive healing thoughts!
If the surgery takes a longtime she will be in ICU tonight...doesn't mean things went bad, just that she'll need extra care.

Sweet Goddess I hope this surgery will set LadyB free of all that has happened the last MANY MANY months. Its been real tough on her tending the sewer rat and Stella.
Bye, Bye Stella (hopefully).
*~As the rain on a mountain peak runs off the slopes on all sides, so those who see only the seeming multiplicity of life run after things on every side~* (The Upanishads)
Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:24 pm

LadyB is now in the Recovery Room!
*~As the rain on a mountain peak runs off the slopes on all sides, so those who see only the seeming multiplicity of life run after things on every side~* (The Upanishads)
Lady Alinor

Postby LadyB » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi,
This is LadyB's daughter, Phoenix. Surgery went amazingly well, all the holes are closed, all the cancer is removed. Let the healing begin!
Lady Barbara, 62!,
online herb classes!
LadyB

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:03 pm

WOOHOO!!!!! =D>
Lady Alinor

Postby coyotemist » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Yipeeeeee!!!! So happy! I forgot to check the surgery tracking when we left the house this morning, so all day I've been sending prayers and good vibes. Soo sooo sooooooo glad they were able to do it ALL!
I believe I will never quite know.
Though I play at the edges of knowing,
truly I know
our part is not knowing,
but looking, and touching, and loving

~Mary Oliver "Bone"
coyotemist

Postby MissNoodle » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:38 am

YAY!! Haven't been on the board but have been following it and I am so relieved. Lady B is such a hero to me. What great news! All good energy and prayers for smooth healing sailing!
The best things in life are rescued!
MissNoodle

PreviousNext

Return to Dancing with Cancer the Wise Woman Way