Vaginal Steam/Herbs?

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches...share harvesting tips, remedies, and personal experiences. Green Blessings to all!!! Drink Nourishing Herbal Infusion http://www.susunweed.com/How_to_make_Infusions.htm

Moderators: Allie, Lady Alinor, Tamara, Phoebetales, Joanne, Community Herbalist

Vaginal Steam/Herbs?

Postby bellyblessings » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:49 pm

Hello-- I'm wondering if anyone knows how to do a vaginal steam, and what herbs are best for this? What is the steam indicated for? I saw it mentioned somewhere, and it sounded really intriguing.

Thanks!
bellyblessings

Postby MaDonaVerde » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:51 pm

Rosita Arvigo has lots of info/herbal suggestions/how tos for vaginal steams in her book "Rainforest Home Remedies: The Maya Way to Heal Your Body and Replenish Your Soul" I've loaned out my copy, so I don't have the exact info on hand.

From what I recall, though, you essentially put boiling water over herbs in a bowl. Sit in a chair that has the center part removed, cover lap/bottom of chair with a blanket. Think basically the same as a facial/nasal steam but for the yoni ;)

Depending on the herbs used, it can help with everything from toning and tightening the vaginal tissues (as in after childbirth), helping with bartholin-type cysts, vaginal infections, hemorrhoidal tissue, or general external irritation to the yoni.

Neat, eh?

:D MDV/esme
"Don't worry so much about 'Not Supposed To'. Hm? Live a little." - Armande Voizin in "Chocolat"
MaDonaVerde

Re: Vaginal Steam/Herbs?

Postby CouleeKeeper » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:22 pm

I just reada bout this in the moon water thread and feel like I found what I need. I find that during my moon time is when this sounds especially apealing because I get very achy and crampy in my vaginal floor- actually, my whole sitting area. Any suggestions on herbs to use for this?
CouleeKeeper

Postby Enchanted Wood Goddess » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:25 pm

Susun discusses vaginal steams on one of her CD's but I can't remember which one it is........I have a few of them, I will have to find out for you!
Enchanted Wood Goddess

Postby CouleeKeeper » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:53 pm

I guess I meant my vaginal walls and PELVIC floor! Gosh I can be special :p !
I don't have any of her cds yet....it's be great if you could share whatever info you have! THanks!
CouleeKeeper

Return to Herbal Medicine Chest