OK to take False Unicorn Root with Progesterone?

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches...share harvesting tips, remedies, and personal experiences. Green Blessings to all!!! Drink Nourishing Herbal Infusion http://www.susunweed.com/How_to_make_Infusions.htm

Moderators: Allie, Lady Alinor, Tamara, Phoebetales, Joanne, Community Herbalist

OK to take False Unicorn Root with Progesterone?

Postby butterscotch » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:39 am

Hi all, I posted a question on False Unicorn over on the Childbearing board, but it's a bit quiet over there right now and since I could use an answer quickly, I thought I'd post here as well. I have been taking two dropperfuls of FUR four times a day (Herb Pharm tincture) and just found out I'm pregnant. I'm 41 and my preg. test showed my progesterone is a bit low, so my doc put me on progesterone suppositories, which I just started taking. I have read that FUR, when taken with progesterone supplements, can create reactions in the uterus. I'm torn about what to do. I think it's interesting that the month I got pregnant (after 18 months TTC) is the month I started taking the FUR, so I'd like to keep taking it. On the other hand, I believe the progesterone supplement is a good and useful thing for me to be taking now too. But naturally, I don't want to be taking both together if it's unsafe.

If anyone has any knowledge or experience with this, I'd be so grateful to hear about it. Thanks!

Butterscotch
butterscotch

Re: OK to take False Unicorn Root with Progesterone?

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:31 am

Why are you taking False Unicorn root? Does the benefit outweigh the possible Uterine issues?

Personally if I'd just found out I was pregnant I would discontinue taking anything that could adversely effect the uterius.
*~As the rain on a mountain peak runs off the slopes on all sides, so those who see only the seeming multiplicity of life run after things on every side~* (The Upanishads)
Lady Alinor

Re: OK to take False Unicorn Root with Progesterone?

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:44 am

I read your other post...answered my question :D
Have you talked to your doctor about the False Unicorn root?
*~As the rain on a mountain peak runs off the slopes on all sides, so those who see only the seeming multiplicity of life run after things on every side~* (The Upanishads)
Lady Alinor

Return to Herbal Medicine Chest