Juicing fresh marijuana leaves

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches...share harvesting tips, remedies, and personal experiences. Green Blessings to all!!! Drink Nourishing Herbal Infusion http://www.susunweed.com/How_to_make_Infusions.htm

Moderators: Allie, Lady Alinor, Tamara, Phoebetales, Joanne, Community Herbalist

Juicing fresh marijuana leaves

Postby rasayana » Fri May 04, 2012 9:07 pm

I have been reading Cannabis International reports re juicing cannabis leaves. They are saying the cannabinoids are beneficial for auto immune diseases, cellular dysfunction, chronic inflammation,decrease in cancer cells.
It is effective at regulating immune function, nerve function and bone functions.
Has anyone had any experience with juicing.
I have only used cookies for chemotherapy clients for relief of nausea, increase appetite, enhance effect of pain medication and assist with constipation, relieve anxiety and help with insomnia.
The juicing has no mind altering affect. But I was wondering whether the benefits are because it is a "green" plant, then that is the benefit, or is it the cannabinoids in the plant that is having the health benefits they are
recommending. As much is coming from USA sites thought may be someone there, would have some more knowledge re this latest research.
Appreciate any feedback. Thank you Rasayana
rasayana

Re: Juicing fresh marijuana leaves

Postby CageFreeFamily » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Realize this is more than a year old, but since it didn't get any replies, here goes:

The plants that are being used with the greatest success are very specific, and not the same as the high THC plants that are grown for the 'high'. The juicing plants need to be extremely high in CBD and low in THC (Indica varieties) and the fresh leaves are harvested during a very specific 45 (I think!) day period in the growth of the plant. I don't have any of the articles bookmarked anymore, but a poke around YouTube should get you well started on the info that you need. The main difficulty, besides being illegal in most states, is that it requires a fairly large crop of plants with staggered planting times so that you can continue to juice the fresh leaves during that specific harvesting time.

Hope this helps!
CageFreeFamily

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:25 am

Wow, thanks for bumping this topic....

You made some interesting points re. juicing. If I were using marijuana for chronic conditions, I'd probably use a vaporiser, which requires a small amount of herb material, at maximum effect, without the collatoral damage of inhaling hot smoke.

Alternativly I have met some MS patients that had some magical success with an infused oil of the buds.

I've never met anyone using juice though. I do wonder how it would taste? And as it's quite a dry plant what to mix it with?

Also, it would be interesting to try a tincture, as they did in Queen Victoria's day for PMT.
Time is priceless... work for free
Melissa Doordaughter

Postby CageFreeFamily » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:16 am

Well, the effects of (and conditions which are treatable by) vaporizing are very different than those of juicing the fresh leaves of a plant with a different chemical makeup than the one you would vape. The reason for using one are to activate the psychoactive elements in the plant which must be heated. The juicing is done raw so there are no psychoactive effects.

The leaves of cannabis should provide as much juice as most any juicing leaves, but I've never done it. The requirements are far too difficult for me to meet.

I did a cursory search and found this on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xPmR8j4plw I think this is the same video I saw a few years ago that had some helpful info in it, but I can't watch it right now to be sure.
There are some further links in the comments section as well. I have heard a lot of good is coming for those who can manage to do it.
CageFreeFamily

Return to Herbal Medicine Chest