Herbs for increasing sperm count?

Discuss all aspects of mothering including fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. Calling all moms and expectant-moms and hopeful moms too!!

Moderators: crystal woman, Movlin, teatime, Melissa Doordaughter, Kaitebug

Herbs for increasing sperm count?

Postby LikeAGown » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Hello everyone, what would your recommendations be for increasing my sweetheart's sperm count (which today we learned is low)? Many thanks.
LikeAGown

Re: Herbs for increasing sperm count?

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Susun has many suggestions in her book "Down There...Sexual and Reproductive Health"
Avoid all Cottonseed oil (in many products)
Increase dietary Zinc (Ryan Drum)
Don't carry cellphone in pocket, no laptops on lap, no tight fitting tighty whities
Red Clover infusion
Astragalus tincture
L-arginine daily can double sperm count
B vitamins

Get the book if you can :)
*~As the rain on a mountain peak runs off the slopes on all sides, so those who see only the seeming multiplicity of life run after things on every side~* (The Upanishads)
Lady Alinor

Re: Herbs for increasing sperm count?

Postby zakiyaa » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:47 pm

chinese ginseng is definietly #1 for that. there are many other chinese herbs that could help. i would recommend googling "low sperm count and chinese herbs" something along those lines. chinese ginseng is absolutely safe to take for almost anyone, he could start taking it tomorrow. as for other herbs, i would recommend reading up about it or better yet seeing an acupuncturist / traditional chinese medicine doctor. i have heard of many men who have had success raising their sperm count that way (that is, when it wasn't due to an actual physical issue and more due to hormonal imbalances, etc)
"do not abandon what you know to be certain within yourself
for something heard from other people which you doubt."
zakiyaa

Return to The Childbearing Year & Mothering