Herbal Help to speed up natural miscarriage?

Discuss all aspects of mothering including fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. Calling all moms and expectant-moms and hopeful moms too!!

Moderators: crystal woman, Movlin, teatime, Melissa Doordaughter, Kaitebug

Herbal Help to speed up natural miscarriage?

Postby stilloptimistic » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:19 pm

We were over the moon when we conceived in January. I had a tiny bit of brown/pink spotting last week (8.5 weeks) and an early scan suggested that development stopped around week 5. The follow up scan today confirmed only a gestational sac and no fetus. We are devastated. :cry:

I have been given the options of D&C, mifepristone/misoprostol or waiting to miscarry naturally. I do NOT want a D&C and would prefer to get things moving naturally. I have had no other bleeding or cramping, so it seems my body has not given up just yet. Does anyone have suggestions?
Good things will happen!
stilloptimistic

Re: Herbal Help to speed up natural miscarriage?

Postby Jadeswan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:41 pm

I'm very sorry for your loss. At this point I would focus on letting go emotionally before I tried taking any herbs---perhaps even have a farewell ceremony for your baby and then visualize your body releasing and letting go. ((Hugs))
Jadeswan

Postby RoseRed » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:38 am

I can't help you with the herbal part of this - I don't know what to suggest.

I'm very sorry that you're going through this. It's a very painful thing to endure. Please make your decision quickly. This I speak from personal experience. I miscarried the first time I became pregnant and did not seek medical treatment. I did not pass all of it and I didn't know it at the time. I have scar tissue from that decision and was no longer able to carry for much more than a month or so. My one child truly is a miracle. I came very close to losing her several times. I don't want to see any other woman go through the pain of recurrent miscarriages for lack of medical treatment. It's an awful thing to live with knowing that my own decision to not receive appropriate medical caused the death of the babies I could've had.
~RoseRed~
It's so much easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
RoseRed

Postby stilloptimistic » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:44 am

Jadeswan~ Thank you for your reply. I have asked my body to release this pregnancy and visualized my body opening/cleansing itself, but so far, I am still barely spotting. :(

RoseRed~ Thank you for your reply. By quickly, what do you mean? I should be 10.5 weeks now but the development prob stopped at 5 weeks. I have read up on the pills the NHS provide, which is essentially RU-486, and there are such horrible stories. It's also contraindicated after 7 weeks after the last LMP so I am not sure why I am being offered this option. As well, I worry about potential damage to my uterine lining/scarring with a D&C.

My partner and I conceived naturally and I would prefer a natural ending but waiting is difficult. Work is waiting for me to return and I am feeling the stress of that. :(

I have read that sprigs of fresh parsley inserted vaginally will soften the cervix, and of course there is lots out there on the use of black and blue cohosh, but as well there is so much misinformation online. I was hoping this forum might have something more concrete.
Good things will happen!
stilloptimistic

Postby teatime » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:33 pm

hi, i will tell you what i would do for a friend or myself. i really want to make clear tho that i am not treating you or anything of that nature. and that my friend, you should find a qualified health practitioner in your area to help you.

i would consider taking blue and black cohosh tincture. in susun weeds book for an incomplete abortion (which i am sorry to say is what you have going on) she says to take blue and black cohosh tincture, twenty drops each every hour to empty your uterus. please have herbs on hand that help control bleeding (two of them are yarrow and sheperds purse.) and DO NOT DO THIS ALONE. have a trusted friend or partner with you, for both physical and emotional reasons you should not be alone.

you have my deepest sympathies for what you are going thru. i am so sorry.
teatime

Postby rabbit+leopard » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:15 pm

sorry for your loss

reading the comments of others I am wondering what has happened to my insides as I wasn't offered anything to clean up after my miscarriage many moons ago - just told nature would take it's course & told to rest! NHS eh!

keep us posted
rabbit+leopard

Return to The Childbearing Year & Mothering