Herbal Ezine - July 22, 2014

Post your wise woman articles here. Visit Weed Wanderings herbal ezine from here too...enjoy the Green Blessings with Susun Weed!

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Allie
Site Admin

Herbal Ezine - July 22, 2014

Postby Allie » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:45 pm

Marinated Watermelon Salad

I love marinated recipes. Letting fruit and vegetables sit overnight in oil is a great way to cook them. And my raw food friends are willing to consider marinated dishes as raw, so we all win!

This is so simple, easy and quick to make. We gobbled down the first batch so fast that I had to make a second batch the next day. Great for lunch and dinner; it’s even good for breakfast.

Cut a watermelon into quarters and make cube about 2 inches on a side from one quarter. You will have about six cups of cubed watermelon. Save the juice.
Peel three young cucumbers (and remove seeds if necessary) and slice them as thin as possible. I get 50-60 slices from a medium cucumber. You will have about 3-4 cups of thinly-sliced cucumber.
Combine watermelon, cucumbers, watermelon juice, 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons mint vinegar, and 1 teaspoon salt. I toss all ingredients into a gallon jar, screw the lid on, and shake to mix. Or mix in a bowl and then cover.

Refrigerate overnight. Serve with fresh mint leaves if you like.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:.
~* Allie *~
Wise Woman Team

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Wise Woman Articles & Herbal Ezine”