Toothache

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

Melissa Doordaughter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Toothache

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:58 am

AAARRRGGGGGHHHH.... I'm sucking om some cloves here and washing my mouth out with some very high grade alcohol to numb the pain but they're just not doing the job... any ideas to keep the pain and inflammation at bay until the dentist is free????

Owl Eye
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Toothache

Postby Owl Eye » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Hey Melissa, I hope you're doing better.
If you happen to have some Myrrh resin here's what has worked for me: Powder the resin as finely as you can. Add a tiny bit of water to make a paste and pack it in your mouth around the area that's hurting. It's not tasty, but it works! Hold it in your mouth as long as you can and then rinse it out. Keep applying the Myrrh often. I saved myself a trip to the dentist this way.

Also, here's something I thought of but I have no idea if it would work or not. Have you ever noticed how Echinacea tincture makes a numbing sensation in the mouth? You might try putting lots of Echinacea tincture on the area and see if it helps the pain.

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:25 pm

My husband had a canker sore recently and found that rubbing St. John's Wort oil on it helped. I had added a bit of cayenne when I made the oil; don't know if that made any difference. And I know that canker sores are different from toothache, but who knows! Couldn't hurt.

RoseRed

Postby RoseRed » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:42 pm

My Dad packs infected teeth/abcesses with cinnamon powder. Not everyone can take that.

I've had GREAT success with usnea tincture. If you have access to usnea you can heat process with vodka or Everclear (or any high alcohol content alcohol) until it turns orange.

AriaBeth

Postby AriaBeth » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Make a paste of powdered ginger and red (cayenne) pepper.
Pour the powdered ingredients in the bottom of a cup, then add a drop or two of water to make the paste.
Roll a small ball of cotton into enough paste to saturate it, and place it on your painful tooth.

Melissa Doordaughter

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:15 pm

Thanks for the info.... will try it next time.... have had that b******** pulled out.... I am now without my wisdom tooth and feeling much better!

crowsdaughter

Postby crowsdaughter » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Lavender tincture right on it will relieve pain. Peace and Healing, Julie

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:43 pm

Melissa Doordaughter...so glad you are feeling better!

To add to the list of 'helps' should someone find themselves in need....
GARLIC cloves to eliminate infection (6-9 daily...more if tolerated)
TEA TREE and PEPPERMINT EO mixed with water (a few drops of TT and PEPPERMINT EO...swish around tooth, do not swallow)
MYRRH Tincture (rinse around offending tooth, do not swallow)
YARROW ROOTS soaked in RUM (chew on roots)

Oregon Grape root tincture is great for fighting an infection while waiting to get into the dentist and won't offend the dentist unlike the Garlic...lol

Melissa Doordaughter

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:10 am

Wow, lots of brilliant information.... Unfortunately looks like I'm gonna have to go deeper to get to the ROOT of the problem (ho-hum), now this wisdom tooth is sorted, this morning a piece of molar broke off in my mouth :roll: I guess this is a knock on effect of a poor diet as a child, genetics, extended breast feeding whatever.... I had already noticed some other uncomfortable symptoms that all is not happy in my bod.... especially nails breaking down low on a regular basis, and recurrent mouth ulcers (that's canker sores for the American Wise Ones)..... well now I have cut out coffee, and introduced a vit B supplement it seems to be helping the ulcer situation a little, but even (fairly) regular drinking of oatstraw and nettle (always with a pinch of equiseto... horse tail that is) my hard structures are having a HARD time.... now I'm gonna fish out my copy of the Menopausal Years and up the anti on the calcium intake.... if I remember there is a vinegar for boosting calcium... Was it 'old sour puss'?

RoseRed

Postby RoseRed » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:44 am

I think it's old sour puss. The other one is vinegar with egg shells but I've heard it's tastes awful.

Have you been doing any bone broths (with the cartilage)?

Gelatin can help with the nails breaking also.

How's your hair? I've found that nails and hair usually 'act up' together.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”