MS / multiple sclerosis

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hyldemors Have
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MS / multiple sclerosis

Postby Hyldemors Have » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi all,

Do You have any knowledge for herbs to be used in order to nourish or heal (?) the body regarding MS?
I have tried to search the web for Susuns advice, but didnt have any luck.

Best wishes
Maria

ItalianBee

Re: MS / multiple sclerosis

Postby ItalianBee » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:48 pm

I found this link:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Nation ... uction.pdf

It's a mainstream publication and cautious about the use of herbs but does seem pretty balanced, and I like their advice to stay away from immune stimulants like echinacea when you have an immune system disorder like MS,

Hyldemors Have

Postby Hyldemors Have » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:11 am

But it is a bit strange, about the immune stimulancing... I thought it would be a good thing to do....

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:18 am

Hyldemors Have

Postby Hyldemors Have » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:32 am

OK, that makes sense though...
I found in the green book, that oat straw and sea weed will support the nerves - it's inflamed nerve endings.

Singingcrowsings

Postby Singingcrowsings » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Interesting booklet.

I have narcolepsy with cataplexy, an autoimmune neurological disorder, so maybe some of what I experience can help you too, and vice versa?

Dulse is soothing for me. I feel more energy, and more connected to my body when I eat just a bit everyday. I also eat other seaweeds (wakame, nori, kelp, kombu), but dulse is my everyday seaweed.

Nettle infusions feel like it's somehow soothing to my nerves, and so calms the mental "ticks" and cataplexy (I have status cataplecticus so it can last a long time (weeks), on a partial paralysis level, as opposed to most people's 5- 20 minutes). Nettle is grounding too, which helps my breath.

Pine needles too, seem to wash over my system with a gentle healing, and opening of my system. I'm just learning about this wonderful, abundant tree, as far as what it can do nutritionally and healing-wise, but I feel something very positive about my energy mixed with it. I'm very excited about what I might discover! And I'll keep you posted if you want.

I've also ground my own organic rye and made dense sourdough rye bread, and there is something very different, very nourishing about this bread compared to store bought rye bread, even organic sourdough. I think it's the freshness of the flour. In any case, what it does for me is help with the sharpness of my brain, it helps to take the haze away, I have more energy like I used to, before the narcolepsy slipped into my life, and there's a balanced feeling in my energetic system that is not there without it. Unfortunately, I have never been able to get the leveur (starter) part of the sourdough to stay alive long enough to use for more than one loaf (baking day), but that's another topic all together. Ha ha!

I don't take supplements. Many times the doses are too much, too intense, released into the system too fast. Any form of stress, such as this, will only make me worse. I find slowly integrating herbs allows for me to recognize what is just right for me, for my body, on any given day or moment. I can find my own balance, trusting in what my body tells me, as long as I don't go too fast.

Sometimes I feel a physical aversion to things (my body knows), and echinacea is one of those things I feel this with. Interesting.

I hope this helps! Please share your discoveries as you learn what works or doesn't work for you. :)

Melissa Doordaughter

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:27 am

Hi,
My mother had MS, she found Marijuana a great ally.

Hyldemors Have

Postby Hyldemors Have » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:56 am

Thank you, I will take a closer look!

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”