Herbal Anti-Inflammatories

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

Lady Alinor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Herbal Anti-Inflammatories

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Ohhh the PAIN!!!!

For the last year I've been trying to get a diagnoses for why I hurt so bad ALL of the time (even while I sleep).
I chose this doctor because she claims to have experience in alternative type approaches to medicine.
I've yet to see any knowledge of alternative medicine, she keeps pushing pills and more pills (painkillers and anti-inflammatories).
The Meloxicam she Rx'd me really wasn't a good choice on her part because it can be devastating to kidneys and I have a history of kidney stones and chemo put a lot of strain on my kidneys, so why in the world would she Rx it. I mention herbs and her eyes glaze over :roll: Yup, I chose my doctor well...lol...
The last many, many months I've been working on finding a good pain lowering herb match for what ails me. I've been working with two herbs at a time, the two are used for several weeks so that I truly know what 'will' work. The constant herb is St. John's Wort. I worked with Meadowsweet first (w/SJW) and am now working with White Willow Bark (long steep tea and tincture).
I don't know what my best approach is regarding inflammation, especially since I don't actually know the 'Why'.
Is the pain, spasms and stiffness all in my mind? Is it CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome)? Is it FM (fibromyalgia)?
Different causes for pain so different herbs...different reasons for inflammation, different herbs.

I started this thread so that we can share ideas, experiences and helpful links and articles.....
A link I found while on a search.
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/1 ... medicines/

I keep a jar of candied Ginger here on the kitchen counter and a baggy of ginger in my backpack, the problem I have with using Ginger and Garlic daily is that they are what I call strong medicine, best saved for infections.
Turmeric, love it but can't seem to use it daily in the quantity needed for the medicine.

RoseRed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Herbal Anti-Inflammatories

Postby RoseRed » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:34 am

I .

I know a woman who makes tumeric/honey balls (like we do with slippery elm bark) to get her daily dose of tumeric.

There's a line of thinking that CFS and FM are different extremes of the same illness. CFS main symptom is exhaustion followed by widespread pain and FMS main symptom is widespread pain followed by exhaustion. I haven't made up my mind on what I really think of this. From what I've seen - CFS and FMS usually walk hand in hand.

Have you done any research on Myofascial Pain Syndrome? It also walks hand in hand with CFS and FMS. The myofascia is the tendon/ligament type tissue (sinew) that encases the musculature systems.

Docs like to use the nerve pain pills (like Lyrica or Cymbalta), anti-seizure meds and anti-depressants for their work with nerve type pain. Some people find great relief - others suffer horrid side effects. Some states have enacted laws that you're now required to try these medications first before you're allowed to seek more medically traditional pain control (narcotics).

I've found great success with skullcap tincture as a muscle relaxant.

Dandelion leaf infusion (about 2 ounces) with a dropperful of root tincture and rosehip tincture has worked wonders for me.

Muscle rubs (usually with menthol) help a lot, too.

What most people don't realize is that if you can get the deep muscles spasms under control you can control the levels of pain better. You usually have to start with the top layers of spasms and work your way down to the deeper ones. If you try this - drink plenty of fluids to flush the toxins out or you'll feel like you were at the gym for hours the day before.

I've been suffering with this for almost 20 years. I've looked into a lot of alternative therapies. What's worked for my particular body may not work as well for yours - but we already know that.

I've found a lot of relief in acupressure (even though it hurts like hell while it's being done - the results are worth it.)

There is a massage technique called 'Strain/Counter-Strain. It's not commonly found among most masseuses but if you can find one - it'd be worth a few visits to see if it can help.

Also, looking into herbal remedies for Lupus can be quite helpful. I'm sure that in time, FMS and CFS will end up being classified as auto-immune. (I have no proof of this other than keeping up on the research.)

Have you looked into the Fibromayalgia Association? It's a wonderful resource.

Singingcrowsings

Postby Singingcrowsings » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi there,

White Willow Bark infusions. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and pain killer. I have no experience with this, but have known about it for years.

Also, you might want to look into Calcium Bentonite clay or French Green clay. Mixing a teaspoon into 4oz of water then leaving over night and drinking in the morning 20-30 minutes before any food, will also help by pulling out the bad, adding in some good, and being a catalyst for cellular healing. I've used the French Green clay with much success. Too many benefits to list at the moment.

Hope this helps!

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Singingcrowsings

Postby Singingcrowsings » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Both of those links had the willow. So I might be onto something. Ha ha! ;)

But seriously check out the clay. It can remineralize bones, rebuild connective tissue, and is a catalyst for cellular healing. It's been used as a means to remove radiation from the body from Chernobyl (they put it in chocolate bars for people). And as a magnet would attracts the toxins (heavy metals, and chemicals), and parasites as it passes through your system to help remove them. I have experienced all of these. 1 tsp in 4 oz of water over night. Drink just the water at first and then incorporate some of the clay. Drink lots of water throughout the day.

andreamartinez

Postby andreamartinez » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:00 am

All the information given above were helpful. As far as I know ginger helps as well by either drinking it or smash it and apply it to the affected area then covered it with clothes or plaster. I also found out different herbal product like fruits and and I discovered one fruit which is not common to our ears. The name is . It can only be found in Southeast Asia. But I'm very curious if this is also effective as anti-inflammatory properties.

NiklasTyreso

Postby NiklasTyreso » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:54 pm

I am a Scandinavian herbalist and a man, in search for more wisdom.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:41 pm

Thank you Niklas! Great advice.
I love turmeric though I've never tried drinking it....makes better sense than a capsule that could/will dissolve willy-nilly.

I have found that strict Gluten avoidance is a must, intense pain and stiffness are the first signs that I've been exposed.

Gwen

Postby Gwen » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:24 pm

Have you ever considered ordering the turmeric in bulk as it is done with nourishing herbal infusions?

lalacurf121

Postby lalacurf121 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:34 pm

but some generations ago they thought the extremely nasty smelling asafoetida were potent medicine.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”