what to do with marshmallow root powder?

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bluebirdmama
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

what to do with marshmallow root powder?

Postby bluebirdmama » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:39 am

I have occasionally used slippery elm bark powder in my morning oatmeal. Not wanting to use an endangered plant I bought a pound of marshmallow root powder hearing they are interchangeable. Well found out they are not the same. Marshmallow tastes pretty bad and I can only add a speck to oatmeal or my kids wont eat it. I tried honey throat drops and the same-weird and gross. I dont want to waste a whole pound. Ideas or uses?

RoseRed

Re: what to do with marshmallow root powder?

Postby RoseRed » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:31 am

I have no idea but a pound is an awful lot to waste.

I've gotten samples from Mountain Rose Herbs, Jean's Greens and Pacific Herbals (I think that's what it's called). Some were great, some weren't. I've found that most stores are quite happy to send you a sample once they realize that you buy in bulk.

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:24 pm

Marshmallow root is really good for stomachs that need soothing. I make a syrup of it, about 1 part honey to 2 parts strong marshmallow infusion, and keep it in the fridge; take a couple of teaspoons any time your stomach gets acid or whatever. I make 8 oz at a time because there are only two of us, but the root should keep for a while, especially if you keep it sealed and cool.

RoseRed

Postby RoseRed » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:14 am

I just googled 'can you make marshmallows from marshmallow root' https://www.google.com/search?q=can+you ... 8&oe=utf-8

and there's bunches of recipes and herbal instructions to be found. Happy hunting!

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”