question about low thyroid and cysts

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kmartin60
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

question about low thyroid and cysts

Postby kmartin60 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi! I have a quick question about my newest diagnosis. Evidently I have a cyst on my thyroid and it was showing low enough when they checked my blood that they are now evidently wanting to put me on meds for it.

I have a apt next week for a pap smear (been years) and I already know I have a couple of fairly big, tender cysts on at lest the right one. (can feel them) I have had 4 o5 periods in 2013, 3 in 2014 and one this the last week in Dec 2015! (whhaaaa?)

So what I have been doing this week (since the one doc apt)
I'm taking 4 apple cider vinegar tablets 2 am 2 pm. 200 mg. each
chickweed cap. 1 am 1 pm 450 mg. (increase?)
BSM 1 tab in glass of milk 1 a day
10 drops chickweed tincture 2x a day (ditto?)

I know this is not enough to make any difference at least yet.. I also did just get a bottle of castor oil and thought I would start putting it both on my throat and on my ovary a couple of times a day?

I read somewhere about gargling with chickweed diffused in warm water a couple times a day...
Does any of this sound like it will help? Any changes you would suggest? I just know my MS is not happy about any of this doc appts and such at all! Appreciate any ideas at all, thanks so very much~
Brightest Blessings

Lady Alinor

Re: question about low thyroid and cysts

Postby Lady Alinor » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:54 pm

First...do you have Susun's book "DOWN THERE, Sexual and Reproductive Health"? A REAL must have. Have you been told what type of cysts?
She suggests Burdock root infusion to tonify the ovaries, Chickweed is a dissolver of cysts (fresh plant tincture) when used consistently (3 to 4 times daily), can also drink chickweed infusion daily...Chickweed capsules? very doubtful there is any 'active medicine' left. Chickweed shines when FRESH.
Susun states that Cleavers can help improve the flow of blood and Lymphatic fluid to the pelvic region...and chickweed and cleavers LOVE to work together!
WARM Castor oil packs may be helpful.

What is BSM?

kmartin60

Postby kmartin60 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:50 pm

Hi! BSM is black strap molasses. And the chickweed tincture was fresh when I tinctured it but hubby ruined the rest of the patch before I could harvest it so I just ordered the dried in caps just in case. I will contact the local herb store and see if they have any and try to get hubby to check outside in case any stray patches try to come up. Will also check that store for the burdock and clevers as well.
(if they have it I can get it before the weekends out)

I had the pap today and turned down the diff meds that were offered :roll:
(I don't need estrogen, pain meds or steroids...) they have ordered a vaginal ultrasound thingie? to check for endometrial cancer since I refused a (dnc? where they scrap it all out?) I was at point I wasn't listening close. And will be buying that book tomorrow ASAP!

Thanks for the dosage info will be upping them right away. Even at the lower doses I can tell a bit of improvement already....
Now if I can get the insurance to leave off the fussing about mammogram, bone density test and colonoscopy! This is going to be a big fight! have a great weekend and try to stay warm! Kim

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:30 am

I've had a vaginal ultrasound and it was not invasive of the tissue, though of course having things Up There can be pretty intense, depending on who you are. No worse than a pap, though. And I've had an endometrial biopsy, which is a shade more invasive, though not as much as a DNC (which I've never had - but with the biopsy they just take a bit here and there, don't scrape the whole thing like a DNC).

Good luck, whatever you decide - especially with the insurance, which as I know is a horror show.

kmartin60

Postby kmartin60 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi! Finally got all the results but one back and come to find out the "spot" they are talking about is not 8 centimeters but 1.8 about the size of a dime! That's nothing....

hubby still wants me to go to the actually gynecologist to get a idea of where it is at to make sure it is where I was thinking it was if it is then its been there for almost 20 years! so basicley nothing more that a callus.

Suzun's book will be here by this weekend so I cant wait to read it~Im sure I will find answers to tend to it there.

Now a bigger issue has popped up! The thyroid meds they pushed has caused my BP to spike BIG TIME! So, besides my normal BP meds I have started drinking hibiscus tea and have just received "Motherwort" tincture. There shouldn't be a issue drinking them together is there?

I'm off all salts, sugar, caffeine and gluten etc.. given up all these goodies and no change on the scale... pouts...... :roll: :mrgreen: Anyway, Brightest Blessings all!

(Also just was curious.. will there ever be another "crystals" info thread?) I miss that.. if you ever need a gopher to scrub the net holler! I literally do NOTHING all day long but sit and surf net and piddle... :lol:

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”