thyme root?

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ItalianBee
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

thyme root?

Postby ItalianBee » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:22 am

I use thyme leaves (and sometimes the twigs when they're little and the leaves are hard to strip!) for a few things - just added them to an anti-inflammatory tincture, they're good for digestion and the respiratory system, etc. But the potted culinary thyme plant that I have had indoors and outdoors for 2 1/2 years is really ready to say goodbye, and I began to wonder if there might be uses for the root. I can't find anything online, but I know there is a wealth of experience on this board.

Ideas? experiences? I'd love to hear them.

Lady Alinor

Re: thyme root?

Postby Lady Alinor » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:26 pm

If only LadyB was here, she would know.
She would look at how the roots are dispersed through the soil and rocks, she would look at how deep the tiniest rootlet reaches into the earth.
LadyB would smell the roots, perhaps even taste them :) AND then she just might say...."The plant is too old and tired, add it to the compost." ;)

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Thanks, LadyA! I think it is too far gone... would like to try shaving the roots and making an infusion, just to see, but next time.

chloeopal

Postby chloeopal » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Ha!! What a well evoked piece o Lady B-esqueness!! Missed indeed...

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”