Tincture for arthritis

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

Jaxxs Herblover
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Tincture for arthritis

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:49 pm

Hello you two. I too have some arnica infusing and plan to use externally. And for the question about weight. I used equal parts in ounces for each herb. Now mind you that the equal proportions in ounces was just an idea, no where have I read of a recipe for this and I have only found the herbs listed on the back of my mother's arthritis tincture formula that cost a whopping $79. / Month. We decided that we would save some money. I am satisfied with the results so far as I consider the color and smell exactly as the store bought that came in a yucky plastic bottle.

Herbnut
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Herbnut » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:22 am

WiseGuy

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:23 am

Been looking in the Oregon wilderness areas for Arnica....found several, none Arnica montana. The others are useful of course but there are so many ID is hard (for me) AND the ID book is too heavy to carry in my pack (been collecting photos on my phone...my mobile ID).

Jaxxs...does mom eat dairy? nightshades?

Jaxxs Herblover

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:18 pm

My mom makes kefir from milk on an Amish farm and consumes that. This, she says, has anchored two of her last two teeth making them to go from loose to strong and planted. Earlier this summer when Dave pulled in the tomato harvest, we both enjoyed heirloom organic tomatoes of different varieties. We also eat potatoes and peppers. She has pulled back on he tomatoes as of late.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:47 pm

How is her pain and mobility around nightshade consumption?

Does she flavor her kefir?
Stirring in fruit jams (homemade of course...wink) like strawberry or raspberry, both anti-inflammatory....could be good...right? lol I'm into kombucha myself.

Jaxxs Herblover

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:13 pm

Hi. She just drinks it as is. I use it with blueberries and raspberries when I can get them, mangoes and banana for a blended treat and help seeds too! Sometimes I just like it with pure honey! It really is good. I too had some kombucha brew going for almost a year. I love it with green tea, elderberries and ginger. I have been too busy as of late so I just put the Scoby in the garden. I used to love putting the poured and capped contents back onto a heating pad for another three days for that fizzy pop when I opened the bottle.

I believe mom does have more pain when she eats nightshades. We both were acting up when all of those tomatoes were around.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:38 am

Tomatoes are a hit around here too.... gotta get the immune systems pumped up for flu and cold season and tomatoes are chocked full of antioxidants and Vit. C.

Jaxxs Herblover

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:16 am

It works fine. Wanted to give an update on how the tincture is working. Well we squeezed the mark out if the menstruum, then put 1 oz of some of the supposedly spent mark into mason jars with boiling water and infused them just like a regular infusion. This infusion works very well! Now we have that and we have the pure tinture to last for a long time!!

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:25 pm

Very Empowering isn't it!!!!
And I bet you'll find other uses for the tincture....!

Jaxxs Herblover

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:03 am

Another update. I noticed the veins on mom's 80 year old hands for very prominent and she had a round blood blister. I assume the amount of tincture thay she is taking is thinning the blood too much now. I asked her to back off, and restart with just a couple of drops of the tincture, not the water infused part. I told her to start with a couple of drops and work up from there and stop when it is sufficient. I believe she was taking too much. Just because it is herbs doesn't mean we just pour it on I am finding. If anyone has further suggestions please enlighten me. It works, I just don't want the blood blister side effect.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”