UTI

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jaxxs Herblover
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

UTI

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:30 am

My friend has chronic UTIs. Is there an infusion she could begin to help with that? Or is there a tincture that would be helpful. She is in the process of eliminating processed foods and eating whole foods. If anyone had any knowledge it would be greatly appreciated.

Kezzie

Re: UTI

Postby Kezzie » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:48 pm

My first thought was Nettle infusion. 2nd is Burdock vinegar, taken daily. Burdock makes the smoothest, nicest vinegar! Quite drinkable all by itself. Or, if that is too strong, mix 3 tablespoons with some water and take daily.
I know there are others that work well, but these 2 came to mind first.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Would she drink a decoction?

Marshmallow root very soothing.
Echinacea with Yarrow will help clear the infection
Hibiscus with cranberry as a preventative
(these are from Susun's book "Down There" UTI chapter pages 63 and 64)

This is interesting "Avoiding Urinary Diseases"
http://www.webnat.com/articles/UrinaryDiseases.asp

This is a lovely write-up by Erin Piorier RH about ROSE 2/3 of the way down "Rosehips for the Urinary tract
https://minnesotaherbalist.com/tag/urin ... infection/

Now kind of on topic... I've been treating a male cat with chronic LUTS twice daily I feed him a decoction of Echinacea, Marshmallow, Couchgrass, Oregon grape and a couple other roots ...Dandelion (and cranberry as a preventative)

Jaxxs Herblover

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:30 am

Thank you very much for your feedback Kessie and Lady A!

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”