Inguinal Hernia

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Herbnut
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Inguinal Hernia

Postby Herbnut » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Now for a guy question, :D has anyone heard of any natural / herbal treatments for an inguinal hernia? I have herd of them healing up under the right conditions.... So how can I create those conditions?
WiseGuy

Lady Alinor

Re: Inguinal Hernia

Postby Lady Alinor » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:36 pm

My husband has one of these and I can't get him to wear the belt so we've been working with herbs and his body mechanics.
I would see better results for my patient if he didn't work so hard here on the farm, does too much on his own when there are plenty of bodies to help. We both know there is a connection on another level....his working so and his hernia....

Anyway...SORRY....The herbs that we are currently using, (NO it's more like the herbs he is willing to use ) Red Clover (alterative), Schisandra (astringent, adaptogen, strengthens tissues)), Horsetail (supportive, building) and Triphala (promote digestion, keeps bowels moving). A high fiber diet that includes lots of water, and infusions.
I ask that he lie down on his back twice during the day (10 mins. each). I would like him to give Yoga a go,as there are some asanas that would help move the intestine back into the abdominal wall and strengthen the abdominals. Here is a small study done using men...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3276927/

I am about to change things up on him and go more Traditional Chinese on him, approaching the hernia as a Qi Stagnation (still researching this, looking at it as a prolapse of sorts allows more herbs and approaches), He will be using compresses, herbs, moxibustion and I hope to get him to at least try some Qigong (maybe Yoga later)

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”