Lack of focus

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jaxxs Herblover
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Lack of focus

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:51 pm

Hello all. Does anyone have knowledge of the best herbal remedy for lack of focus in a 9 year old child. My little girl is not listening in school and is also talking too much to others. I will see a bunch of A's (graded) and then a string of D's (graded). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I already try to limit sugar intake. I am thinking of giving her got kola or shankhahpushpi ( Ayurveda).

Herbnut

Re: Lack of focus

Postby Herbnut » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:52 pm

What does she eat for breakfast? What about lunch? Diet has a lot to do with the brain and the ability to focus.
WiseGuy

Jaxxs Herblover

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:30 am

Hi Herbnut. I have to leave early to get to work. My cousin takes them to school and occasionally takes them to Bojangles. She will have eggs and sausage and bacon some mornings that I cook if I have time. Other mornings she will have boxed cereal from trader Joe's. One thing about food is she is 9. She is not around me all the time and she knows she is mildly allergic to wheat but keeps eating it. I am taking her next week to have her blood drawn for a celiac, I & g antibody and nutrition evaluation. She will eat fruits and vegetables and salads too, but there are times during the day that she makes her own decisions of what she will have at school. Sometimes those choices are not good. My cousin also had a bag of Halloween candy in her truck that the Candy Scrooge found (me). It's a battle. I have tried everything from packing her lunch and having issues over the contents in the lunch box to trying to educate Elaina about what is healthy to eat and what isn't. We eat local foods from sources that are gmo free and we grow a garden every year with all sorts of goodies, but my husband hasn't always agreed with me and has and may again bring slushies and candy treats home for the kids. He is coming around but our diets are certainly not perfect. I give her fish oil and a liquid vitamin with a liquid b complex to methylate histamine since she is an allergy kid. I have been through the ringer about what she should choose. I think when she gets older and more responsible and sick of not being at her best, she will take the reins and be healthy. Right now we do well for a while, then we fall off the wagon and get back on with the healthy food vs. evil foods. I make it a point not to eat fast food.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:23 pm

It could be a phase, other things going on in that little body like preparing to be a young 'woman'...remember some girls start as early as 10 (I did).
Diet and diet education sound wonderful..WAY TO GO!!!!

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”