Other herbs for intestinal distress?

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

Lady Alinor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Other herbs for intestinal distress?

Postby Lady Alinor » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Calamus root...very helpful for indigestion

Umeboshi plums!...I forgot all about these for tummy troubles. I opened the freezer a few moments ago and the bag just fell out..I prefer the dried Umeboshi over those sold in a jar. The plums have an acidity that is actually alkalinizing....helpful for stimulating digestion, helps nausea from morning sickness, motion sickness, diarrhea...great hangover cure....Umeboshi is the Eastern equivalent of our Western apple...Umeboshi a day keeps the doctor away!

Greenwitch
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Greenwitch » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:14 pm

Lady Alinor are recipes here on the forums or on line elsewhere? I'd love to have a look at them!

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi Greenwitch....are you asking about the Bitters recipe?

Earthwriter

Postby Earthwriter » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:14 pm

Awww thank you for the wonderful healing suggestions. I'm very thankful to be here with such kind love support.
Mystical Holistic Natural Living Writer

Greenwitch

Postby Greenwitch » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:12 pm

Lady Alinor JUST saw this reply! Yes, the bitters recipe. :)

Greenwitch

Postby Greenwitch » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Earthwriter how are you doing? Are you feeling any better?

gartenzwerg

Postby gartenzwerg » Sun May 28, 2017 7:13 pm

ginger... of courser chai. Numerous recipes but I do it like that fresh ginger (plenty available here) a good portion of it a stick of cinammon, allspice pepper, cloves, cardamon some, sometimes I use star anise, did I forget something? And I put three ingredients in which are not commonly used: 1 pinch of licoriche, one teaspoon of ashwaghanda or however you spell that and a bit of siberian ginseng, simmer for at least 15 minutes.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”