Author/Teacher Susun Weed

Come in and get to know Susun Weed - read testimonials sent by her students, apprentices, fans, and those who have benefited from her 4 books : Healing Wise, Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year, Menopausal Years the Wise Woman Way, and Breast Cancer? Breast Health! the Wise Woman Way. If you have a testimonial to share....We want to hear about your experiences.

Moderator: Wise Woman

Re: Author/Teacher Susun Weed

Postby Wise Woman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi Susun,

I am reading your book right now for my herbalism class taught by Sage Maurer in Brattleboro, VT. I just saw you on the Casbah friends list and would love to be connected. My herbalism journey is just beginning and I hope to come across you and more of your teachings one of these days. Maybe at the New England Womans Herbalism Conference.

Love and Blessings to you.
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Susun weed,

You are one of my heroes! Thanks so much
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi,

I just needed to say your illustrations are extraordinary!
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi,

I have learned a lot on how to eat and take care of my self using healthy natural methods and, in the end, I saved my womb. It’s great to know individuals like Susun Weed and Charoula who are willing to share their knowledge. You are all a blessing!

Blessings and peace...
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Dear Susun,

I went through your site and find it really fascinating the way you are working with herbs…
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Dear Susun,

I just read your article, Herbal Vinegars: Aromatic Delights From Your Garden, at Botanical.com.

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for not only teaching me, and sharing your knowledge--but also for inspiring me, and making it sound romantic and simple.

I have found myself enchanted by the garden the past several years, and have planted and tended several aromatic herbs. As I was pondering this evening, how to make valuable use of nature's bounty prior to the frost, I read your article and was engrossed.

Also, I will try to remember to plant yellow dock when we plant an apple tree in our yard.

Anyway, thank you for taking me for a walk through your garden. I appreciate it.

With Gratitude
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:10 pm

I originally injured my pubic symphysis with the birth of my first child. It felt like my bones were splitting apart and I was sore for about 6 months afterwards.

With my second pregnancy 4 years later, I was running to catch a bus at 34 weeks and really tore the same spot. I could not move for two weeks at which time the pain was manageable. I was able to give birth vaginally at home in a birth pool.

With this my third pregnancy I was afraid because of my previous experiences and was being extra careful in a precautionary sort of way. By 18 weeks I was in terrible pain, could not walk or stand for more than 20 minutes at a time, had awful pain turning in bed, could not stand on one leg, had difficulty lifting my leg to get in the shower, etc.

The great herbalist Susun Weed recommended (about 3 weeks ago) Teasel tincture, which is for "internal tears that are hard to get at," and comfrey infusion (the other name for Comfrey is Knit Bone). Within 3 days of taking the Teasel (15 drops 3x a day) I started seeing improvement. Now I am 31 weeks and feeling almost no pain at all and can move more quickly and efficiently than I could at 18 weeks when the baby was so much smaller. I am amazed and thrilled that these remedies are working so incredibly well and thought that other women should know about them.
… Common Ground Fair in Maine.
http://www.mofga.org/

I have tried to get them to get Susun as a guest speaker because I have seen her many times and cannot begin to say what she makes a person feel like leaving her class. Her energy and love for her cause is so refreshing.

Again I thank her and all on her team,
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:04 pm

I found your site and I see what your believe in and I am so happy! I want to learn what I can about being healthy and doing it naturally. I love what you do and I can't wait to read your books too!...

I truly hope we can be friends Susun!
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:51 pm

I am one of Jackie Rushton's former students. Someday I hope to get the opportunity to be your student as well.
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:17 pm

Thank you Susun for the wisdom and knowledge you brought.

I am studying herbalism in Montreal right now in a school created by one of your student ....I will honor this precious knowledge and pass it on when it's my turn.

Hope to meet you some day!
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Wed May 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi,

I just want to thank you for sharing your knowledge of herbs and health.
Your books helped strengthen me through two unassisted pregnancies and
births, (and postpartum times!), and also during a time when I had found a
lump under my arm.
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Tue May 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Hello,

I was reading your: Optimum Nutrition: Cooked or Raw?
at explorewomanhood.com … I found most of your aricle quite fascinating…

I liked your discussion of raw vs cooked, good …
… I'm glad you wrote the article…

Thanks...
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Dear Susun -

I have read many of your books. I have been on a fertility journey and have
been pulled in so many different directions. I started out following your
simple and wonderful advice, now I feel like I've gotten myself very
separated from what felt right and best for my body and spirit.

… You have been an inspiration for so long…it would be wonderful to meet you.
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:14 pm

I have read all your stuff, and you are a very interesting lady, & I enjoy your website…

Thank you & God Bless
Wise Woman

Postby Wise Woman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:53 pm

The synchronicity of web surfing brought me to your site.......I
wish I lived close by to be an apprentice, and a friend.

Namaste
Wise Woman

PreviousNext

Return to Testimonials for Susun Weed - books, workshops, apprenticeships